[mythtv] Initial install...

Kent Loobey mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 12:59:40 -0800

I am trying to install MythTV from:

http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu:8088/~mdz/debian/dists/woody/mythtv/

I did the following:

Installation Add this line to /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu:8088/~mdz/debian woody mythtv
 And then execute this command:
# apt-get update && apt-get install mythtv

After a couple of false starts I finally got to the following messages:

spud:/home/kent# apt-get install mythtv
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Sorry, mythtv is already the newest version.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3  not upgraded.
1 packages not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
Setting up mythtv (0.7-12) ...
DBI->connect(host=localhost;database=) failed: Access denied for user:
'root@localhost' (Using password: YES) at -e line 5
Can't call method "do" on an undefined value at -e line 6, <> line 1.
dpkg: error processing mythtv (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 255
 mythtv
spud:/home/kent#

Can any one give me a clue as to what I should do next?

I am running Debian 3.0 (2.4.18-bf2.4).

Thanks for any help you might give.

Kent