[mythtv] hardware acceleration

Kevin Bowen mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 18:07:20 -0800

>Is the G400 hardware accelerated also, or just the G200?
According to matrox, yes, but I don't how it fares myth-wise. Does anyone
know if the g400 is superior to the g200 in any way that would matter to
Myth? After being surprised to read on this list that the g200 is capable of
doing full hardware mjpeg usable by myth, I started looking into it, and
have found it online for as little as $30. This seems too good to be true.
Is there some downside to this card that I'm not seeing?