[mythtv] WinTV GO and btaudio... no sound

m0j0.j0j0 mythtv-dev@snowman.net
20 Dec 2002 12:40:19 -0600

>         I have btaudio working with the WinTV-dbx card.  The analog
> device is noisy but the digital device seems fine.  Have you tried
> testing it like this?
>
> sox -w -r 32000 -t ossdsp /dev/dsp1 -t ossdsp /dev/dsp

Yes. Unfortunately, I screwed up and bought the mono 190 version of the
WinTV. Should have researched first before running off to the store.
duh! So /dev/dsp1 gives me nothing and /dev/dsp2 gives me a few clicks
using sox.

I may have to dump my card for the WinTV-dbx. Right now, I'm holding off
to see if anyone starts having good luck with their tuner/mpeg encoders.
It'd be nice to offload some of the work from the CPU to free it up for
other things (yeah MAME!).