[mythtv] Will the wife like it?

Harondel J. Sibble mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 07:07:18 -0800

On 20 Dec 2002 at 0:46, John S Flowers wrote:

> The remote is a pain. It's been discussed.

If you have a good remote control, it's not that bad, you just need to
configure your keybindings.  Starting from scratch is a bitch, I started from
someone elses .lircrc and that made things go a lot faster!

> I've missed a few shows. I can't seem to leave the unit alone long
> enough to see if it will run for weeks without a problem. My guess is
> it would run fine, but I have no proof past 4-5 days of uptime.

I've had mine running for several weeks quite nicely. I've only seen a
problem with one show, (Farscape) where when I went into view a recording and
scrolled down the list to that episode, the mini video window was blue and
myth seemed to lockup, after about 10 or 15 minutes, the show started to
play. I eventually deleted the show from the command line, as I'd get the
same lockup when trying to delete the show from the gui.

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting