[mythtv] hardware acceleration

Robert Dege mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 20:43:16 -0500 (EST)

I was using decimation=2 which defaulted to 352x240.  I'm not sure what
decimation is, only that level 2 is better than level 1.  At the time of
the CVS, Isaac had an option in the settings.txt file to choose between
decimation 1 or 2, but that no longer appears to be an option in the
current CVS.

I was only trying to get livetv to work.  Due to time constraints I
couldn't do further testing (trying a Promsie UDMA33 controller) to solve
the HD problem.  But I plan on doing that again in the near future since
I'm about to retire my Athlon 700.

-Rob