[mythtv] hardware acceleration

Robert Dege mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 13:58:08 -0500 (EST)

I was running the G200-TV with mjpeg support on my 400MHz machine.
System:

256MB Ram
M570 Mobo (400MHz w/66MHz bus)
SBLive with Alsa Drivers
G200 w/TVout using Matrox Xfree dirvers
9 gig HD pushing 16MB/s

With this setup I was "just barely" dropping frames.  But I think this was
more of a problem with the HD, then the processing speed.  I didn't bother
viewing `top`  cuz I was so happy to just get it running.  Both the MOBO &
HD claimed UDMA 33, but one of them is lying :(

-Rob