[mythtv] Delete Recording problem/bug in CVS...

Henk Poley mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 13:24:22 +0100

> Van: Dan Man <danman@dtconnect.com>
>
> Hehe... Should have told you.... Here's what I did...
>
> Compile Normal -> Seg Fault when deleting a show, or using alt+esc to
> exit
> Compile w/Debugging -> No problems under gdb or stand alone
>
> Thinking what you suggested I've repeated the process (twice)
>
> Compile Normal -> Seg Fault when deleting a show, or using alt+esc to
> exit
> Compile w/Debugging -> No problems under gdb or stand alone
>
> [..bis..]

Hmm, that looks like a compiler-bug. Could (also) be some timing/order
problems, modern compilers do all kind of 'wierd' things to loops to make
them faster. Might be that some thread doesn't want to be handled like
that.

When you set it to debug, most optimizations will be neglected to be able
to pinpoint an error to a certain line of code.

You could try updating GCC to the latest stable RH supplies.

	Henk Poley <><

btw, would MythTV compile on Intel compilers? It can give great speed
improvements with calculations.