[mythtv] MythMusic and Windows Media Audio (WMA)

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 22:35:12 -0500

On Wednesday 18 December 2002 10:07 pm, Nathan Ziarek wrote:
> Isaac -- is the ability to play WMAs (using mPlayer or something) a
> possibility (not asking you to do it, just wondering if I should even
> dive in) or is it completely incompatible with the current setup?

Well, since libavcodec is the library that has the native wma decoder, and
there's already a fairly current copy of libavcodec in the mythtv source, it
really wouldn't be all that difficult to do.  Just have to write some wrapper
code connecting a mythmusic decoder plugin to the existing library.  I don't
really see the point, is all.  I don't like to listen to overcompressed music
=)

Isaac