[mythtv] Quality of TV out and vga to tv converters?

Chris Liscio mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 16:15:08 -0500

Interesting.  I haven't had that problem myself...

Have you tried enabling the software cursor rather than the
hardware-accelerated cursor?  There's something in the nvtv docs I
remember that sounds a lot like your problem, and the sw vs. hw cursor
was the solution.  There might even be a command line option to nvtv to
allow you to set that.

Hope this fixes it,
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-dev-admin@snowman.net [mailto:mythtv-dev-admin@snowman.net]
On Behalf Of Christopher Mind
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 3:02 PM
To: mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Subject: RE: [mythtv] Quality of TV out and vga to tv converters?

I tried nvtv a while back but I was having problems with the mouse
pointer
not being on the right spot (it highligts a selection on another part of
the
screen so now I use the built in tv out feature of the nvidia drivers.
use a script to switch two versions of my XF86Config-4 , one for Monitor

output and one for TV output and just Ctrl Alt BAckspace to switch.  I
get
some black edges on the tv output though, not much, but the picture can
be
bigger but I dont know how to do it.