[mythtv] sound issues

m0j0.j0j0 mythtv-dev@snowman.net
18 Dec 2002 14:53:25 -0600

I'm having some sound issues hopefully someone can help me with.

My system is using a Asus A7S333 MB w/ on-board C-Media sound (ALSA
drivers). I also have a WinTV GO with it's line-out run to the mic-in on
the sound card. With this hook-up I only get sound out of one speaker
using Myth. If I connect the cable to the line-in on the sound card, I
get sound out of both speakers but with a large amount of static (tested
various volume settings (0-100%, mute)). Using xawtv with either cable
configuration gives fine sound out both speakers.

Anyone else run into this problem?

-j