[mythtv] "Strange Error Flushing Buffer" problem

Harondel J. Sibble mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 09:46:07 -0800

On 18 Dec 2002 at 9:00, Ray wrote:

> Traditionally devices connected to higher priority IRQs (which may or may not
> be assigned to the lower number slots) get first dibs on the processor. Also
That's right, IIRC, the lower the irq the higher the priority, or was that
the other way around, I can never remember for sure.

> traditionally (but I doubt it still phisically works this way) thie interrupt
> controller was actually 2 interrupt controllers with one slaved off of the
> other,
That's still the case with most motherboards today.

> I don't know if modern interrupt controllers still emulate this behavior for
> compatability reasons or not though.
Yup, however that APIC I mentioned previously changes things somewhat.

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting