[mythtv] Database failure?

John Joseph Roets mythtv-dev@snowman.net
18 Dec 2002 08:37:02 -0600

If your system is like mine [RH 8.0] (and it likely is if you're using
the '/etc/init.d/*' scripts, within the mysql file at /etc/init.d/mysql,
you will find the following...

#!/bin/bash
#
# mysql        This starts and stops mysql.
#
# chkconfig: - 56 50

change the '-' to '345' (to start on runlevels 3, 4, and 5).
Then, run the following:
chkconfig --del mysql
chkconfig --add mysql

MySQL will now start up at boot on runlevels 3, 4, and 5.

There is a way to run chkconfig with a '--level' parm, but I've not been
as lucky with that affecting a daemon after startup.  This method listed
above always works, and is quick.

Later.

--

/**