[mythtv] Database failure?

Nathan Ziarek mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 16:32:48 -0600

Not quite sure what happened - should teach me to restart my computer!

-------
When I try to run mythfrontend I get:

Couldn't open db
Mutex Destroy Error: Device or Resource Busy

-------
When I attempt to visit mythweb I get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in
/var/www/html/mythweb/db_open.php on line 20

I went into the Mandrake 9 Control Center and looked at MySQL...it
wasn't running and wasn't checked to start on boot. I click the start on
boot box and clicked start. 15 minutes later, it was still starting,
like it was frozen. I closed the window, restarted and reopened the
Control Center. MySQL still wasn't running (although the check box to
start at boot was checked) and I couldn't get it to run; I clicked the
start button and it does nothing and won't let me scroll or anything,
making it seem like it is frozen...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Nate