[mythtv] "Strange Error Flushing Buffer" problem

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 23:20:17 -0500

On Monday 16 December 2002 11:14 pm, Richard Bowman wrote:
> After reading all of the archives and trying a number of things, I'm
> still getting this "strange error flushing buffer" problem. Myth will
> run now for about 15 seconds in Live TV mode (I am able to pause and
> unpause TV during this time) before dying in a series of
>
> VIDIOCSYNC0: Invalid argument
> VIDIOCSYNC1: Invalid argument
>
> lines repeating over and over again (after this, the whole system is
> fairly unstable; typically no other programs will start without
> faulting). I don't think the error is because of my sound card because I
> tried a SB PCI 16 which I saw recommended as a good solution for people
> with on-board sound and still cannot get any farther than this.
>
> I'm using release 0.7 on RedHat 8 (NVidia GF2MX with latest drivers,
> Athlon XP 1800+)
>
> Is anyone aware of any other situations beside the sound card that would
> cause this "Strange error flushing buffer" problem?? This is really a
> project I'd like to contribute, but I need to get past this show stopper
> and get the thing working well on my machine.

>From the FAQ:

) What's this 'strange error flushing buffer' mean?
- Nothing, really.  It's just lame (the mp3 encoder) complaining for some
  obscure reason.

As for the other problems, it sounds like your tuner card drivers are going
wacky.

Isaac