[mythtv] how do you avoid inheriting file descriptors?

Harondel J. Sibble mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 16:23:32 -0800

On 20 Nov 2002 at 10:33, Carlos Talbot wrote:

> Notice the device busy message. What I believe is happening is that the
> perl script inherited the open file descriptor for /dev/video. How can I
> avoid this? Or for that matter, is there a way I can close this file
> descriptor from the child process?

Carlos, did you ever get this problem with your script sorted out? I just got
my IR200L today and am itching to try it.

Also has anyone tried using lircmd from the lirc package to control the
DCT2000 digital cable box? There is an ir command file for the dct2000 box on
the lirc site. Assuming lirc can be configured to work with the ir200l, this
seems like it would be the simplest solution.
--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting