[mythtv] Audio Static...

Chris Hessing mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 21:13:46 -0700 (MST)

  When recording from MythTV, or watching TV through it, I get a *lot* of
static from the Coax input.  (When using the Composite inputs, everything
seems fine.)  What is even more strange, is the static doesn't seem to be
there with xawtv.  The same cable connection that I am using works fine
with no static on a regular TV.   I have also tried tweaking the fine
tuning, but there is no change.  Also, if I hook a VCR up to it, and set
the tuner to channel 3, I get the same thing.   The board that I am using
is a WinTV Go (190) one a Shuttle FS40 mainboard with the CMPCI audio
driver.

Has anyone else seen this problem?  If so, how did you fix it?  Or, could
it be that the TV tuner board has a problem with the TV decoder?  (It's a
brand new board.)

BTW - To everyone that worked on this project, THANKS!  MythTV is exactly
what I wanted from an HTPC.  Keep up the good work!