[mythtv] [patch] two channel quick change

Alex Krohn mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 15:52:07 -0800

Hi,

> > > It seems like the right thing to do here is to make the behavior depend on
> > > the available channels, rather than making it a configuration option.  It
> > > should wait for the Nth digit when the longest channel is N digits long.
> >
> > True, but there are two behaviors here: wait for an enter key, or change
> > immediately after you have enough keys.
>
> The two are not incompatible.  If the current entry is unambiguous, it
> should change the channel without waiting for the enter key.  If it is
> ambiguous, then it should wait for enter.  This is how my TV seems to do it.

I was just looking at the new backend/frontend work. If I wanted to modify the
patch so that it changes automatically if you have less then 2 keys, is this
what would be involved:

* Patch tv_play.cpp to call m_context->MaxChannel to get the largest channel
number (presumably cache this value too).
* Add a MaxChannel func to mythcontext.cpp that sends MAX_CHANNEL command to
the backend (as frontend does not have a db connection right?).
* Add the MAX_CHANNEL command to mythbackend program.
* Add a MaxChannel() func to tv_rec.cpp.

Let me know if I'm on the right track..

Cheers,

Alex

--