[mythtv] [patch] two channel quick change

Alex Krohn mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 15:11:43 -0800

Hi,

> > Below is a quick change I made that you may find useful if you only have
> > channels from 0 - 99. Basically it's an option so that on the myth changes
> > channels immediately upon the second keypress rather then waiting 3 seconds or
> > waiting for an enter key (so if you press 1 then 2 it changes immediately on
> > the 2). I also changed it so that if you press 1 and then don't press anything,
> > it does not change the channel, but will fade away.
> >
> > I made it an option, but am not sure on the option name. Also, on my tv, if
> > you hold down the 1 key, you can then enter > 100 channel numbers, but I
> > wasn't quite sure how best to implement this, or if it's even worthwhile.
>
> It seems like the right thing to do here is to make the behavior depend on
> the available channels, rather than making it a configuration option.  It
> should wait for the Nth digit when the longest channel is N digits long.

True, but there are two behaviors here: wait for an enter key, or change
immediately after you have enough keys.

Right now myth behaves like a lot of tv's/vcr's and waits for an enter key or
a 3 second delay to change channels, so pressing 1-2-3-4 will take you to
channel 234, not 123. Personally, I hate that behavior, but if there is
anybody who wants it, I could rewrite the patch so that it is an option.

What do you think? If no one is interested, I can just change the behavior to
always change when you have enough keys?

Cheers,

Alex

--
Alex Krohn <alex@gossamer-threads.com>