[mythtv] Success !! playback of mythtv videofiles accross 100 mbps network

Christopher Mind mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 06:27:31 +0000

Actually it did work. But it doesnt anymore.  I get an error now connecting
the the msyql server accross the network.  "mysql -h 192.168.1.252 -u
mythtv" returns Error 2003: Cannot connect to mysql server on 192.168.1.252
(111).  Dont know anything about mysql except that which I read on the
internet posts.  If I add a -p to the above, it prompts me for the password
and then displays the error.  Locally on the mythtv machine, i can connect
to the database.  The network is working. I can ping and ip masquerade.  Any
ideas?