[mythtv] Live TV Segfaults with today's CVS

Neil Trodden mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 01:58:54 +0000

At 14:47 14/12/2002 -0500, you wrote:

>Do not use CVS unless you're capable of debugging things.  I'm really tempted
>just to remove anon CVS access for awhile.
>
>Isaac

FAO: Thor,

Check your settings, make sure the ip for the backend is set to localhost
as I got live tv working after that from cvs. It continued to segfault
after I exited livetv and tried to return to livetv during the same session
though ;-)

FAO: Isaac

Please don't fully remove anon access to cvs :-)

I believe you host it personally so if bandwidth is an issue, I'd totally
understand if you had to stop it.

 From a personal perspective, I'm just learning c++ and it's rare to be
able to 'look over the shoulder' of a developer who is working on an open
source project that is fairly new (fairly!), in constant development and is
a project that I am very interested in. I learn more from mistakes than
from poring over finished 'perfect' code, and at least I get the
opportunity to see how a 'real' developer fixes the problems.

I wouldn't expect you to release a list of everything that is working or
not working with every cvs commit but it would be interesting to discuss
our experiences of certain cvs builds perhaps on a seperate list? We could
re-direct queries on cvs builds to that and hopefully that will generate
some bugfixes for this list?  Thor's question and my tip would have been on
there too ;-)

Do you think this would be a good idea?

--

Neil Trodden