[mythtv] Success !! playback of mythtv videofiles accross 100 mbps network

Christopher Mind mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 05:38:39 +0000

I ve done it.  I set DB HostName=IP of MythTV PC

Then on the mythtv pc
su
mysql mysql
mysql> grant all privileges on *.* to mythtv@192.168.1.1 identified by
'mythtv' with grant option;
mysql> exit

I disabled on main.cpp the option to call tv_watch_live so I dont make the
mistake of switching to live tv on the client PC. Compiled and installed
Mythtv.
I created a samba share pointing to the mythtv drive storage and mounted it
on the client PC.  Edited settings.txt to point to the mounted drive.  Ran
Mythfrontend and was able to select and playback recordings. Also able to
schedule recordings, fix conflicts. etc.  Basically a mythtv without the
live TV function.   Thanks.