[mythtv] Is it possible to install mythtv to a PC without a TV card and use as a "client"

Christopher Mind mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 03:45:44 +0000

currently trying to install mythtv on the TV tunerless

PC  right now.  I cannot seem to connect to the database server on the
MythTV machine.  I set the DBhostname to the name of the MythTV machine
which in my case is DBhostname=LinuxP1000. I have Linux Mandrake 9.
Anybody know how to setup the mysql.txt to allow me to access the database