[mythtv] BTAudio / Alsa on nForce

Cedar McKay mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 08:40:38 -0800

On Thursday, December 12, 2002, at 08:44  PM, Thor Johnson wrote:

>> I have alsa working on a nforce (asus) board, with the built in sound
>> card. Works fine. Have not done anything with BTAudio.
>
> Hrm... what chipset do you have? Does it have the D (DD encoding under
> Windows, useless under Linux)?

I have a Asus A7N266-VM
seems to work pretty well once I got the nvidia drivers installed. Bit
of a pain to install Red Hat on. It is hard(er) to install the nvidia
drivers when you
crash on boot if using grub rather than lilo
crash on boot if using a usb device
crash on startx
onboard ethernet doesn't work

once I worked around that stuff and installed the nvidia drivers,
everything seems to work well. Alsa worked right away with the onboard
sound, and it sounds really good. I have not tried the "six channel
output mode" nor the digital sound.

cedar