[mythtv] Will WinTV GO (190) work with Redhat?

Fletch mythtv-dev@snowman.net
13 Dec 2002 10:21:14 -0500

    Brian> Hi everyone, I got my SS50 case, three days ago. Got it put
    Brian> together installed RedHat 8 and installed and configured
    Brian> MythTV. I got a WinTV card because I was sure from the list
    Brian> it would work. But when I run Xvinfo I get no adapters
    Brian> found.  Which accounts for the dreaded "Xv support not
    Brian> found" error from MythTV.

I've got a going on about three years old WinTV Go that works fine
(and thanks to whomever mentioned setting the resolution to 352x480,
that knocked about 20% CPU usage off for mpeg4 for me).

At any rate, about my card lspci -v sez . . .

00:0a.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Video Capture (rev 02)
        Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. WinTV/GO
        Memory at d6800000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=4K]

00:0a.1 Multimedia controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Audio Capture (rev 02)
        Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. WinTV/GO
        Memory at d6000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=4K]

It's probably your video card that's the problem as far as lack of Xv
support goes rather than the WinTV card.

fletch@phydeaux.org   |  Vincent, you should cease askin'          \ o.O'
770 294-0820 (m)      |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=