[mythtv] Feature suggestion, automatic old show deletion.

Henk Poley mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 18:40:51 +0100

> Van: Isaac Richards <ijr@po.cwru.edu>
>> On Wednesday 11 December 2002 05:55 pm, Gregorio Gervasio Jr. wrote:
>>> On Tue, 10 Dec 2002 18:24:21 -0500 (EST), "Chris Pinkham"
>>> <cpinkham@bc2va.org> said:
>>>
>>> Why not have an option that says "keep X versions of this show".
>>> So if you select to record the news every day, you could say keep 1
>>> copy so it would overwrite every morning.  Then when you said to
>>> record say "Law & Order" anytime it came on, you could say to keep
>>> 4 copies of it so it would keep the latest 4 episodes.  You could
>>> set it to 5 to keep the M-F versions of a show that comes on every
>>> weekday.
>>
>>         Slightly related to this, we could also have an option not to
>> record repeat showings.  It seems XMLTV already parses this
>> information and generates a "previously-shown" tag.  (Is it a bad idea
>> to add fields to the mysql database?)
>
> It should already be pruning out shows you've already recorded (based on
> the title/subtitle/description).

Does that work? I mean, descriptions about the same show aren't quite same
every time. Or on the other hand, there are shows (DIY, garding, talkshows,
??) that have the same (short) description every time. At least in my dead
tree hardcopy TV-guide.

	Henk Poley <><