[mythtv] BTAudio / Alsa on nForce

Thor Johnson mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 00:43:58 -0500

>On Thursday 12 December 2002 11:48 pm, Harondel J. Sibble wrote:
>> On 12 Dec 2002 at 23:03, Thor Johnson wrote:
>>
>> Can you detail what steps you took to get the btaudio module working?
I've
>> been trying to get it working with my ATI TV Wonder without success.
>>
>> If you could explain the steps you took in order, what module options you
>> loaded, what shows up in syslog etc, that'd be awesome since
documentation
>> on the btaudio driver in general seems to be quite lacking.
>
>'modprobe btaudio', once the bttv modules are installed.
>look at the info it spits out to syslog, it says what dsp devices it
created.
>Setup mythtv to use the digital dsp (should be the first one), locked to a
>32000Hz sampling rate.

Only thing I have to add is that mine wouldn't do digital audio (no sound...
no nothing.  Sox didn't even spit out any messages), so I tried the analog
(and it worked ;).

insmod btaudio
[/var/messages will say it created a digital DSP [dsp1 for me] and an analog
DSP [dsp2 for me]]

sox -r 48000 -c 1 -w -t ossdsp /dev/dsp2 -t ossdsp /dev/dsp0
[If it can't lock to 48K, it should give a message.  Use the highest one
it can do, otherwise you'll get a hum in the signal]

Since it sounded bad, was 2 seconds delayed, and is mono (for analog), I
gave up on that route.

-Thor