[mythtv] xinerama kludge

mythtv-dev@snowman.net mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 14:29:06 -0600 (CST)

I was planning on expanding on this kludge and make MythTV play on the
second Xinerama "screen" as well as make it VidMode aware to make it do
fullscreen better, but nVidia just released a new verion of their driver
for linux that supposedly lets you make two separate screens out of your
Twinview setup. No messing with Xinerama. You also get rid of a lot of
the limitations that come with Twinview like no video overlays
and no hardware accelerated RGB overlays.

But if there is still demand for Xinerama awareness, I'd be happy to
help/test it.