[mythtv] Simple player

Tony Clark mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 18:18:46 +0100

On Tuesday 10 December 2002 05.13, Brent Norris wrote:
> Not the fastest drive I have seen, but no slouch either.
>
> /dev/hda:
>  Timing buffered disk reads:  64 MB in  4.18 seconds = 15.32 MB/sec
>
> DMA is on.  So that isn't using any CPU.

That sounds like MDMA2 you really want UDMA which should give you about double
that figure.
Have you got nasm installed.  I have an idea that ffmpeg will build without
nasm but you loose a lot of optimisation.  I'm using about 30% of 1 of my
MP1900s so you should really make it.

tony

--
Contract ASIC and FPGA design.