[mythtv] X10 MouseRemote for Linux

Harondel J. Sibble mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 09 Dec 2002 15:51:44 -0800

On 9 Dec 2002 at 16:27, misleb@onshore.com wrote:

> Ok. I was confused by the lirc faq. I guess its just homebrew IR
> recievers that you can't convert to USB. But "IRman" devices can?
> Are most commercial remotes irman such as the Packard Bell?

I haven't actually tried lirc with a usb serial converter and a serial ir
remote.  I've used em with other devices without issue though.  I suspect
that there wouldn't be any issue as long as you give the usb serial port a
link to a standard port like /dev/ttyS3 or some such.

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting