[mythtv] Success: ATI 7500

Matt Zimmerman mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 01:00:18 -0500

On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 06:12:27PM -0500, Chris Liscio wrote:

> > I am a big fan. I was (as you recall) looking at the 440 (nVidia)
> > series card, but this one does a lot more for less money. It even boots
> > the BIOS to the S-Video output.
>
> As I understand, nobody successfully had the 7500 working...

It works acceptably for TV-out with some tinkering (I use it for mythtv all
the time), though it sets it up using BIOS calls, so its capabilities are
limited.  If we could enable TV out by directly writing to the registers on
the card, then likely things would be a lot better (overscan, etc.).  I seem
to recall you saying something about device drivers...;-)

I have a little information in this area if you are interested in helping
with it.

--
 - mdz