[mythtv] hung machine must reboot

mythtv-dev@snowman.net mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 17:59:03 -0800

So on this line my machine totally freezes up & I gotta
reboot in tv.cpp:

while (!activenvp->ResetYet())
    usleep(5);

Happens whenever I try to change the channel.
So it seems the problem lie in NuppelVideoPlayer::StartPlaying
- it gets stuck infinitely paused - why that causes my entire machine
to lockup is unclear...
Now it has working once or twice before but always by the second channel
change or so it locks  up.  Sounds like a thread timing problem...
that 'paused' variable in NuppelVideo just stays true...

somewheres - it's a stock 2.4.20 kernel w/a bttv card (.7.100)
that works dandy w/xawtv.  Video card is an AIW radeon 7500 - I'm
_not_ using its tuner - using my ATI Wonder VE's tuner (hence bttv)
& I'm NOT using the GATOS drivers.

Using stock Xfree86 4.2.1 - alsa sound seems to be working fine -
it's a CMI8738 PCI card (have also used the sound built into my mobo
w/success - it's a via82xx chipset) - ALSA drivers version .9.0rc5.

thanks!
    Mark

Mark Ethan Trostler	mark@zzo.com
Computing Solutions	http://www.zzo.com