[mythtv] mythmusic w/o id3 and setting to limit how often rereads dir

Benjamin Binford mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 11:35:36 -0500

On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 02:06:27AM -0500, Chris Pinkham wrote:
<snip>
> My second idea concerns mythmusic scanning the directory every X times
> that it starts up.  I'd prefer that it never did the scan unless I wanted
> it to (ie, picking a menu item), but will probably take the easy road
> out right now and make the just make it a setting in the config file
> to scan every X startups.  I think someone said it does it every other
> time right now which can get to be really slow.  I have all my mp3 files
> stored on an nfs/samba server so mythmusic reading them can be slow.

I just finished up some work on this that I'll be testing today and tomorrow. It still does the scan every time it starts up, but I think I've managed to optimize the access a bit. I've gone from mythmusic taking about 4.5s to start (as reported by time), to just over half a second. A patch will be sent along shortly.