[mythtv] mythmusic w/o id3 and setting to limit how often rereads dir

David Watson mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 07 Dec 2002 08:15:17 -0500

> I don't have ID3 tags on most of the 2000+ mp3 files that I've ripped from
> my wife and my CDs.

Another possibility would be to use the MusicBrainz library to identify the
mp3 files.  The downside is that it adds a network fetch for each file, the
upside is that you don't have to configure the directory structure.  I've
already hacked my copy of mythmusic to use this for CD lookups to get
around several obscure CDs I have.  The MusicBrainz library was very easy
to work with.

David