[mythtv] mythmusic w/o id3 and setting to limit how often rereads dir

David Klotz mythtv-dev@snowman.net
07 Dec 2002 13:36:58 +0100

On Sam, 2002-12-07 at 08:53, Isaac Richards wrote:
[...]
> It _might_ be more worthwhile into seeing why it takes so long with mp3 files
> -- most of the time sink on initial database import is because it's
> calculating the length of each song, and that takes awhile to do properly.
> But, each scan after that should just be testing for the presence of the
> file, essentially.  For me startup time is pretty much instantaneous, though
> I only have .oggs and .flacs, and I'm using it locally, not over a network..

well, i'm using it locally and it takes over 2 minutes to start up,
everytime, not only on the initial database import. that took a bit
longer, don't remember how long it took exactly, but that doesn't really
matter now.
i have about 22 gigs of music, mostly mp3's and some oggs and they're
stored on a pretty fast drive (ibm udma100, although at the moment it is
connected to an udma66-only controller).
i'm not really good at coding, so i would be really pleased if someone
who is could take a look at why it takes so long with mp3s...

cya,
david