[mythtv] CVS Version & Settings Dialogs

Matt Zimmerman mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 16:53:53 -0500

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 04:28:01PM -0500, Mark Musone wrote:

> In my settings module that I started, i basically have those catagories
> and also the stubs for them..
>
> I seperated them into:
>
> Tuner Setup
> Recording Setup
> Playback Setup
> EPG Setup
> Theme Setup (ui...etc.)

Basically the same categories.  I added the 'general' one as a temporary
measure (read: dumping ground) where I could see everything at once and sort
it out.

> i was looking at what you added and started (on paper, not in code)
> started to seperate them into the catagories..
>
> i'm thinking if we could ideally combine them, it'd be best It's also why
> i did my theme settings off ogf the main frontend menu.
>
> I saw you did it as part of the mythtv application. Some of the settings
> are more "global"...6 of one, half dozen of the other..

I separated off the recording stuff somewhat in order to create profiles,
rather than having one set of global recording settings.  I imagine I'll
take a similar approach to the tuner/capture card/sound card/XMLTV stuff if
I get around to it, since those are logically configured in the same way.
One wizard for "new input source" which goes from capture card to card input
to sound card to listings.  I dunno what I'd call that category, though,
since it's something of a mixed bag.

--
 - mdz