[mythtv] Asus / nVidia combo card support?
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 14:55:49 -0600
I am trying to get the Asus V9180 VS card to work with Linux & MythTV.
I like this card because it is AGP and has both Video input and Video
I could get a cheap converter to go from VGA to NTSC/TV and a capture
card, but I wanted this (new) system to have all the inputs built in.
Also, this card is CHEAP. It only costs about US $126 and would replace
the VGA2NTSC converter, the video card and the capture card.
Here are the specs:
V9180 VS (Video Suite) : GeForce4 MX440-8X, AGP 8X, 64MB DDR
* Powered by the world's most powerful GPU - NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX 440-8X
* AGP 8X/4X/2X, support with bandwidth of up to 2.1 GB/sec.
* High-speed 64MB DDR video memory.
* Diversified displays connectivity (Dual DVI, Dual VGA, DVI+VGA)
* ASUS Smart Cooling, ASUS Smart Doctor II, ASUS Digital VCR II, ASUS
Video Security II
Graphics Engine: NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX440-8X GPU; Video Memory: 64MB DDR
Video Memory; Vertical refresh rate: 60-240 Hz; TV-out Connector: One
S-VHS mini-DIN, and One RCA jack; Video-in Connector: One S-VHS
mini-DIN, and one RCA jack to mini-DIN cable; Maximum Refresh Rate
Table (Hz): 2048 x 1536 @75.
Very, very interesting card.