[mythtv] dxr3 output

Andrew De Ponte mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 22:27:40 -0800

I am not trying to bost that it is a replacement for Qt. Qt handles so much
shit its not even funny and you are correct about the documentation but
the cool thing is that you really don't need documentation becasue of its
ease of use. You are also correct that you would have to have the graphics
already which I guess is a limitation in the development phase if you don't
have a graphics artist on hand. One of the major reasons it has not been
updated is because it is pretty damn stable. I guess I am just an SDL jocky
and think that Qt is a bit bloaaateed for my liking. I am one of the people
that believe that libraries should be written for specific tasks not for
general tasks. What I mean by that is that I think people who specialize
in graphics should write a dope ass graphics library and those in sound
should write a dope as sound library, etc. This is not to say that I don't
agree with a generalized standard like OpenML when it comes out. I can not
wait until OpenML comes out. Well those are my $0.02. Qt is probably best!
Who knows. I guess it provides one nice thing and that is limiting the
dependencies. By having all the supporting libraries as a set of one package
like the Qt widgets, Qt mysql, etc. The user only has to have one major
dependency. I dont know its up for grabs.