[mythtv] Radio

David Watson mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 05 Dec 2002 08:50:28 -0500

I'm slowly working on integrating radio recording into myth.
I've figured out enough of the code to hack something together,
but I wanted to get a reality check before I went any further.

My current solution is to add another input to my card labeled
FMRadio, and to add another channel for the radio station I want
to record.  This has the side effect of treating the radio like
a video source.  This allows me to schedule the radio along with
the TV (which is required since it's the same piece of hardware)
and also includes the potential for all the normal live TV
features like pausing.

However, I haven't figured out an elegant solution to dealing with
the video while only working with an audio stream.  In particular
I'm trying to decide if I should hack the NuppelVideo code, or
just create my own audio-only solution.  Both seem like bad ideas,
so I figured I'd make sure there wasn't another path I should try
to pursue.

David