[mythtv] G400-TV questions

Gregorio Gervasio Jr. mythtv-dev@snowman.net
04 Dec 2002 13:40:52 -0800

>>>>> On 4 Dec 2002 21:04:00 -0000, "Michael Kedl" <kedlm@knology.net> said:

m> My laptop has an ATI Radeon 7500 in it.
m> It looks great on the TV out.

>> Has any body got full screen Xv to work on a ATI card using MythTV?

m> Yep, works fine for me using the gatos drivers with TV-out support.  The TV
m> picture has a black border, but the image is fine.

        What did you guys need to do to get it working (version of
kernel, XFree86; XF86Config options)?  I have a Radeon 7500 AGP card
and have not succeeded in getting TV out working yet.  I've tried the
GATOS drivers with the XFree86 4.2.0 that comes with RedHat 8.0 but
mythtv won't run on even the regular VGA display because it can't find
Xv support.  I've tried a recent CVS build of XFree86 but the GATOS
drivers aren't compatible with it.  I also tried the "atitvout"
program which apparently uses some BIOS calls to enable TV out but it
can't detect that the TV is connected.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj@pacbell.net