[mythtv] /dev/dsp busy?

Scott and Jill Gargash mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 03 Dec 2002 22:28:22 -0700

> If this is on-board sound, pretty sure it means that it doesn't handle
> duplex audio - MythTV needs to be able to record and playback at the
> same time, and on board sound (as I am learning), sucks.

Yup, I'm having the same sort of issue with onboard sound.  I'm still
holding onto a vague hope that I can get the ALSA driver working and
that will solve my problem. But I'm also wondering about the btaudio
driver.  I've got a Hauppage WINTV-PCI card and I can load the btadio
driver, but I can't figure out 1) if the btaudio driver is actually
working and 2) how to get MythTV to use the btaudio driver for audio in
and use the soundcard for audio out.  If this works then the full duplex
problem could be sidestepped.

Does this card support btaudio in and how do I tell MythTV to use
different devices for audio capture and playback?

	Scott