[mythtv] Build a Quiet Machine (was Tivo Series 2)

Jeremy Oddo mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 11:55:25 -0800 (PST)

> Any one have good pointers for building a silent PC (I
> know I saw the case link on the main web page)....but
> when you're talking Athalon's, you're talking serious
> noise from just the CPU fan!.  So are the Shuttle
> boxes, the way to go or one of those Zalmin CPU
> coolers and a silent case?

Yeah, this was covered a bit ago, but I just ran across a good article
(more in depth then we got on the maillist) about making a PC quiet.  It's
from a magazine called "Computer Music".  It's a UK mag, about $15 an
issue, and hard to find...but I got a subscription!  There's a lot of
similarities between setting up a computer-based music workstation and
setting up a powerful PVR.

Anyway, I was thinking about echoing some of the details to the list.  If
people are still interested I'll see if I can't devote a little time to it
tonight.

Jeremy