[mythtv] G400 and TV Out (again)

Shawn Pearce mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 01:48:13 -0500

Is anyone aware that the chip that performs the colorspace (YUV->RGB)
conversions needed for the XVideo extension, as well as any hardware
scaling is the same chip that does the TVOut?  And it can't do
both the YUV->RGB and TVOut?  And no, you can't do YUV->YUV direct.
Nice try.  :-)

Basically with the G400 you can't ask it to do YUV->RGB->YUV in
hardware... no matter how you configure the TVOut device and which
RAMDAC its attached to (primary or secondary).

In Windows its currently that believed Matrox does the YUV->RGB in
software, allowing the hardware to do RGB->YUV out to the TVOut...
but this is only speculation.

So I don't think this is going to possible anytime soon.