[mythtv] Will USB video capture cards work with MythTV?

Henk Poley mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 17:23:39 +0100

> Van: Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org>
>
> On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 11:37:40AM +0100, Henk Poley wrote:
>
> > I'd like to say that google'ing with "(video4linux OR v4l) supported
> > hardware" didn't bring me to the right place. After reading most of the
> > found results, finaly the "VCR-Howto" pointed me at the kernel sources
> > in /Documentation/Video4Linux/. Adding this to the google query and the
> > string "2.4" finaly ditched up some (recent) results.
>
> Searching for just "v4l" and clicking "I'm feeling lucky" takes you to
> the right place.  The "Drivers" section on that page has (links to) all
> of the relevant information.

Okay, Isaac could you put that link on your homepage? I guess more people
will fail to find the page. Somewhere in the 'System Requirements' section,
putting it around the "works with V4L" text seems good to me.

"supported hardware" isn't that wierd of a search string, is it?

> Van: Ray <maillists@sonictech.net>
>
> When I wanted info on my capture card (Matrox Marvel G200TV) I put
> "Matrox Marvel Linux" into google and came up with the Marvel-Linux home
> page. After reading the driver docs It was clear that it supported V4l.
> That's pretty much the same approach I use for any new hardware on Linux
> so maybe something similar would work for you.

Okay that will work. But having the full list would be more handy if you
are still planning on what to buy.

	Henk Poley <><