[mythtv] MythScores / MythOverlay??

Nathan Ziarek mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 21:48:53 -0600

Every time I watch sports scores I think it would be great if FOX would
keep the scores scrolling across the top...I've also thought that it
would be even better to be able to bring them up myself, whenever I
want.

ESPN has generated a page of all the sports scores for any given sport
(http://sports.espn.go.com/SPORT/scoreboard - replace SPORT with nfl,
mlb, nba, etc...) I looked through the source, and it doesn't look too
tough to parse...the question is: would any one want a feature where you
could press a button on your remote and have a box (like the OSD) appear
on the screen that would let you scroll through the scores and/or scroll
through automatically?

What about automatic weather lookup?

I really only know how to code with Visual Basic - sure that isn't going
to work. I've got time to learn, though, so what language should I focus
on?

Thanks,

Nate