[mythtv] Will USB video capture cards work with MythTV?

Henk Poley mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 22:43:22 +0100

> Van: Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org>
>
> On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 05:57:37PM +0100, Henk Poley wrote:
>
> > Especially the Hauppage WinTV Primio. Got a nice offer with FM and
remote
> > for 75 EUR. Is it worth it?
>
> MythTV uses the video4linux (v4l) interface.  MythTV does not have device
> drivers.  If there is a kernel v4l driver for your card, it will work,
> otherwise it will not.  You will need to find that information elsewhere.

Jup, got that already. Just the problem where to find it. Recently found
out (via the point-at-eachother rough way) you need to look at the kernel
sources...

Maybe nice to put a tar.gz of the offending /Documentation/Video4Linux/ dir
at the homepage? There are quite a few people I think who are running
Windows, or at least not all the time (at work, or somewhere).

	Henk Poley <><