[mythtv] Feature request with two tv cards

Michael D. Cencula mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 01:33:59 -0500

If I have two tuner cards and am recording a show in the background, then
decide to watch live tv, I get prompted for:

MythTV is already recording '<insert name of show here>' on channel X.  Do you
want to:

Cancel and go back to the menu
Watch the in-progress recording
Stop recording and watch TV

I'd suggest that if the second (or third, or fourth) tuner is available that
another option pops up:

Continue recording and watch TV

Then MythTV would utilize the second tuner.

Currently, probably noone will have a fast enough machine to do more than two
tuners simultaneously until support for hardware compression arrives.

Comments are welcome,

Mike