[mythtv] DVD support anyone?

Jeremy Oddo mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 17:59:41 -0800 (PST)

Geeze, I just set up DVD support under MythTV and was it EASY!

The hardest part was finding a small yet robust player.  All those
interested should look at the ogle player at:
    http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/groups/dvd/

After I got it installed (only took a few minutes), I editted the oglerc
file to make the player start in fullscreen mode.  Then I quickly added a
'DVD' option to mythfrontend (again, only took a coulple minutes).  I just
needed to figure out the whole remote control issue and then I can get rid
of my old DVD player :)

I also installed MythMusic this morning and mounted my [large] MP3
collection via samba (on a Win2K box).  It's the first time I've looked at
MythMusic...and it looks pretty nice!  Really easy to select
albumns/songs.

Hmmm...with PVR, DVD, CD, and MP3 support, I'm almost there!  As soon as I
figure out how to integrate a remote control into the system I can
actually rewire my entertainment system!

The convergence box really is a reality, eh?

Jeremy