[mythtv] Using MythTV with non-broadcast video sources

Andrew C. Ohnstad mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 12:47:26 -0700 (PDT)

OK... Got it up and running for the most part.  But
I'm running into a bit of a limitation.  I've got a
DirecTV reciever that I hook up to a TV Tuner card.  I
can hook it up to either the s-video, composite, or
"over the air" tuned to channel 4.

Of course this totally breaks mythepg, the on-screen
display, etc.  If I tune the channel to 4 to get the
output of the DirecTV reciever the OSD is blank since
I didn't pull any information for that channel since
it doesn't exist on my dish.

I know that the code doesn't exist for Myth to change
the channel on my box yet, but is there a way to
seperate the input source from the channel?  Kinda
like the database improvement suggestion, so that I
can change to channel S-Video:500 and have HBO pop up
on the OSD?

Or is that the whole point of that suggestion, and I
should shut up and wait?  :)

=-=Andrew