[mythtv] Picture in picture.

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 20:02:37 -0400

On Thursday 22 August 2002 04:33 pm, Andrew C. Ohnstad wrote:
> I would suggest just the channel number overlaid on
> the PIP.  If people want more detailed information on
> the PIP they can switch it to the main screen or check
> the program guide.

Yeah, that's what I'm leaning towards..

> I would also suggest a "swap" command (if you haven't
> already thought of this) to quickly switch the main
> screen to the channel the PIP was watching and vice
> versa.

Yup, that's already in there, and it's all in CVS now.  keybindings are:

  - V to open/close the PIP window
  - B to change focus between the two
  - N to swap channels.

and then all the other normal controls work once you've changed focus to the
PIP window.

Still not a finished feature, yet, though..

> Does this mean that we can hope for 'watch one
> channel, record a different channel' and/or 'record
> two channels at once' features in the future?

Yup, this was really easy, though, so I figured I'd do it first.

Isaac