[mythtv] Remote and Cable Box

Matt Bowman mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 12:00:07 -0700 (PDT)

Great project!

Is it currenlty possible to have MythTV change the
channel on my cable box, instead of my tuner? The
reason I ask is because I have digtial cable, however
I only have a analog WinTV tuner card in my PC. I have
heard of other windows based software using a Actisys
iRDA ( http://www.actisys.com/ac200-220.html ) to do
this.

This is what I am thinking. MythTV can be locked to a
channel (Example channel 3 or Line in). When you use
the remote to change the channel it simply (*cough*)
passes it to the digitial box, and the channel on teh
digital box is changed. This way I can schedule
recording or programs on digital channels that I can
not normally get.

If this is crazy, or it seems like there is a flaw
here please let me know. I am new to coding (only past
PHP and light VB) so it might not make an since.

Thank you,
-M